Resume in PDF
Algorithm Platform Manager, Python, TopCoder Glastonbury, CT, 2011-2012
- Drove algorithm work on a crowdsourcing platform. Ran competitions open to algorithmists around the world to create the best solution to problems for NASA, Harvard Medical, Life Technologies and Pfizer.
- Defined objective scoring function and built infrastructure for Longeron Shadowing competition with five remote teammates, extracting requirements from NASA. Used EMR to map raytracing tasks executed by POVRay to multiple high compute instances. Consolidated results reducing to a single integer score for the submission. Competition was used to save NASA millions each time the ISS was docked into.
- Administered experimentation on top of the crowdsourcing platform. Altered the TC platform to quantify incentives for competitors, in collaboration with Harvard Business School. Analyzed results of competitors, variables of cash and reputation within community or NASA.
Algorithm Developer, C++, ATE Systems Billerica, MA, 2010-2011
- Coded and generalized calibration and measurement algorithms for radio-frequency test and measurement using a modified FFT. Troubleshot a bug Agilent was unaware of in their 20 port Network Analyzer. Designed semaphore system in LabVIEW for a liquid nitrogen / heating unit with multiple concurrent processes.
- Created graphical fitness calculator for reciprocity in thru measurements, and phase comparisons in open and short measurements.
Software Lead, LabVIEW, Boston Engineering Waltham, MA, 2009-2010
- With a Navy grant, Boston Engineering and Olin College researched a bio-inspired robot. A fully functioning robotic tuna was built, and an autonomous control system was implemented in simulation. A neural network reflected in LabVIEW took heuristic navigation data to train the system to swim autonomously. After researching sensors, actuators for natural movement, and control structures, the project culminated in a 3D printed functional tuna. The simulated prototype was able to circumnavigate a pool with varied depth and a number of obstacles.
Software Engineer, Java, Kiva Systems Woburn, MA, 2009
- Designed and optimized algorithm to fit company products into any number of possible bins. Task resembled version of the knapsack problem; first enumerated all the possible configurations of bins, then packed the boxes of product into bins as tightly as possible.
Partner, Deterministic Programming Cambridge, MA, 2010-2013
- Gathered requirements, designed software architecture and project managed an entity-resolution and disambiguation visualizer for Diffeo, an MIT startup in the data science space.
Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering Needham, MA, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Awarded four-year full tuition merit scholarship. GPA 3.54
AngelHack, FriendFlirt, Rails Cambridge, MA, 2012
- Finalist in AngelHack Boston for a friends-of-friends dating app for Facebook. Originally called AngelFace, the team of three conceived, designed, coded, and pitched the full beta version of the Facebook app, within 36 hours.
- A fellow AngelHacker borrowed the idea and prototype for a new company, now at MassChallenge.
Boston New Tech Meetup, Java, Poker Bot Arlington, MA, 2011
- Delivered prezi of the project. Designed and implemented a Full Tilt Poker playing robot. The base algorithm compared the pot odds to probability of winning the showdown, adjusting for everyone folding to a bet. Using Monte Carlo simulation, guess the future community cards to determine action.