Resume in PDF
SkillsPython, Java, MySQL, Google Compute Engine, C++, LabVIEW.
Software Engineer, Golang, Python, Java, Google Mountain View, CA and New York, NY, 2013-2017
- Designed and implemented the network "sanity" module that gates the release of every networking switch in Google that is about to exit from a repair or QA case. Included white box and black box signals, and supported a variety of Google proprietary hardware flavors.
- Analyzed median repair times and recurrence rates to inform policy decisions, successfully advocating for them among our internal hardware operations, network surveillance, and datacenter software groups.
- Overhauled the technical solution for automated switch repair. Replaced monolithic system with a modular workflow framework, enabling greater extensibility. This included a reliable Java interface layer to RPCs provided by various teams, tolerant to job restarts and transient failure modes.
- Built backend server for the new Zagat iPhone app. Led the TopLists effort, which presents curated lists of restaurants based on location.
Algorithm Platform Manager, Python, Hadoop, TopCoder Glastonbury, CT, 2011-2012
- Drove algorithm work on a crowdsourcing platform. Ran competitions open to algorithmists around the world to create the best solution to problems for NASA, Harvard Medical, Life Technologies and Pfizer.
- Defined objective scoring function and built infrastructure for Longeron Shadowing competition with five remote teammates, extracting requirements from NASA. Used EMR to map raytracing tasks executed by POVRay to multiple high compute instances. Consolidated results reducing to a single integer score for the submission. Competition was used to save NASA millions each time the ISS was docked into.
- Administered experimentation on top of the crowdsourcing platform. Altered the TC platform to quantify incentives for competitors, in collaboration with Harvard Business School. Analyzed results of competitors, variables of cash and reputation within community or NASA.
Algorithm Developer, C++, ATE Systems Billerica, MA, 2010-2011
- Coded and generalized calibration and measurement algorithms for radio-frequency test and measurement using a modified FFT. Troubleshot a bug Agilent was unaware of in their 20 port Network Analyzer. Designed semaphore system in LabVIEW for a liquid nitrogen / heating unit with multiple concurrent processes.
- Created graphical fitness calculator for reciprocity in thru measurements, and phase comparisons in open and short measurements.
Software Lead, LabVIEW, Boston Engineering Waltham, MA, 2009-2010
- With a Navy grant, Boston Engineering and Olin College researched a bio-inspired robot. A fully functioning robotic tuna was built, and an autonomous control system was implemented in simulation. A neural network reflected in LabVIEW took heuristic navigation data to train the system to swim autonomously. After researching sensors, actuators for natural movement, and control structures, the project culminated in a 3D printed functional tuna. The simulated prototype was able to circumnavigate a pool with varied depth and a number of obstacles.
Software Engineer, Java, Kiva Systems Woburn, MA, 2009
- Designed and optimized algorithm to fit company products into any number of possible bins. Task resembled version of the knapsack problem; first enumerated all the possible configurations of bins, then packed the boxes of product into bins as tightly as possible.
Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering Needham, MA, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Awarded four-year full tuition merit scholarship. GPA 3.54
Fanduel Sports Betting Automation, Python, Selenium Sunnyvale, CA, 2015
- Conceived, designed, and coded a system to decide on and place bets on Fanduel for fantasy baseball team picks. With guidance from a fantasy baseball gambler, codified heuristics into a winning algorithm (median position of 47 / 100 in 114 entries).
- Selenium scraped and placed bets on Fanduel, MySQL stored baseball player general statistics and nightly variations based on opponent, stadium, lefty righty splits, and home team advantage. Analyzed gamblers’ past behavior to join contests with highest EV due to gamblers that have traditionally been losers.
AngelHack, FriendFlirt, Rails Cambridge, MA, 2012
- Finalist in AngelHack Boston for a friends-of-friends dating app for Facebook. Originally called AngelFace, the team of three conceived, designed, coded, and pitched the full beta version of the Facebook app, all within 36 hours.
- A fellow AngelHacker borrowed the idea and prototype for a new company, formerly a resident of MassChallenge.
Boston New Tech Meetup, Java, Poker Bot Arlington, MA, 2011
- Designed and implemented a Full Tilt Poker playing robot. The base algorithm compared the pot odds to probability of winning the showdown, adjusting for everyone folding to a bet. Using Monte Carlo simulation, guess the future community cards to determine my action.